SMSF+ Managed Portfolio Service
Successful investment management requires constant supervision, accompanied by accurate, up-to-date information and an ability to change investment strategies quickly if the situation demands.
However, many investors are time poor or have no wish to administer their portfolio. This is where we can help.
Our SMSF+ managed portfolio service takes the hassle out of investing by providing a comprehensive investment administration service.
We collect and record investment information (share trades, dividend and interest payments etc) as well as supplying you with regular reports which help you monitor your investments and portfolio valuation.
This gives you more time to focus on your investments rather than the cumbersome paperwork, enabling you and your Morgans adviser to proactively manage and make timely decisions when the situation demands.
How SMSF works
All investments are held in your name (unlike other platforms where the investments are pooled with other investors in a single custodian name) and the address for your investments is changed to care of the SMSF+ managed portfolio service.
SMSF+ receives and deals with all of your correspondence and paperwork. We will follow up on any missing documentation or entitlements such as dividend payments and deal directly with share registries and other product providers.
The SMSF+ agreement we have with you enables us and your adviser to act quickly, thereby ensuring you don’t miss out on any investment/divestment opportunities.
Importantly, you continue to maintain control over your investment decisions whilst outsourcing the professional administration of your portfolio to Morgans.
Together with your adviser we provide comprehensive portfolio management and advice. We make available the necessary reporting tools for your adviser to closely monitor your portfolio, manage a tax efficient outcome for investments and overall, make investing easy for you. We help make the complex simple.
- Proactive management of your portfolio – your investment portfolio is closely monitored and where appropriate recommendations are made
- One point of contact for all your investment needs – you have the comfort of knowing that the adviser you currently have a relationship with will play a role in the administration of your portfolio
- Reduced paperwork – we receive and manage documentation relating to your investments (such as share trades, dividend and interest payment advices etc.)
- Transparent reporting – our service provides you with regular reports to help monitor your portfolio valuation and forecast income
- Hassle free tax returns – we prepare a comprehensive tax report for the preparation of your tax. We can also liaise with your Tax Accountant to provide them with all the information they need
- Assistance with tax – we determine the correct tax treatment for the cost base of investments involved in complex schemes of arrangement, takeovers etc.
- 24 hour access to your portfolio – you have 24 hour online secure web access to your portfolio details with 20 minute delayed price updates for listed investments.
- Access to capital raisings – you receive timely information regarding capital raisings (e.g. IPOs, entitlement offers etc) so you don’t miss out on any investment opportunities
- Ease of cash transacting – third party payments can be arranged for you at no cost
- Your Wealth+ fees may be tax deductible – for most investors, the ongoing portfolio management fees are tax deductible
Please refer to our latest brochure on SMSF+ for more detailed information.